MONITORING WELL REMEDIATION SOCKS (MWRS)
Enviro Now® has developed the Monitoring Well Remediation Sock (MWRS) in 50mm diameter for the easy removal of Light Non-Aqueous Phase Liquid (LNAPL) from monitoring wells where active pumping system are not viable.
Our researchers evaluated a wide range of global products for their effectiveness and environmental sustainability profiles. The product that we have chosen is ADsorb-it® Filter Fabric.
Compare conventional passive skimmers with our MWRS:
- Our standard 50mm sock will hold up to 2 litres of LNAPL and is 500mm in length and has no minimum water submergence
- Works by capillary action
- Sheen is not a residual problem and it will target and remove the full range of petro-hydrocarbons from petrol to weathered diesel
- Can be used in tandem in the one well to cover great fluctuations in groundwater levels, or “stacked” in larger diameter wells
- Each sock is durable and may be used many times over
- Has no moving parts that may jam or become plugged